Monday, April 12, 2010

A Frisbee Update

I have continued to play frisbee with a team here in Cartagena and I love it (besides the fact that all of my sunscreen got used up and I got burnt for the first time in 7 months yesterday during practice). Lately my team has been going through a bit of an evolutionary phase and so we have been playing with a couple of other teams in the area. This picture is from a tournament we had a week ago in Barranquilla. We played with a crazy fun team from Santa Marta. We had a blast and played teams from all over Colombia and Venezuela. I learned a lot about strategy and met some really cool people. I also learned how to play poker.

The Team Caribbean - if that kid in the red hat weren't so dang tall you would be able to see me... :)

In Cartagena we have begun practicing with the other team located in the city, called Jiva. They are really cool and really good. The only problem with this is that if we combined teams we will no longer have a team to play against since our games last semester consisted always of us vs. them. I'm not worried about it though and I am super excited because this semester they scrounged up some girls to play on the team and they are adorable! And get this, their names are Jessica and Alba. I'm not joking!

(Jessica Alba playing beach frisbee...?)

Anyway, all good on the frisbee front; it is definitely a huge part of my life in Colombia. Lately I have been thinking a lot about how much I miss the Commons in Excelsior and throwing around a frisbee with my friends there, but for now I will just have to be content with the beaches of Cartagena. I think I will survive.



3 comments:

  1. Since you commented so much about the photo, I changed it just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that's better. I like the beach setting too, nice touch...

    ReplyDelete