Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Chance to be a Kid Again

Most of you would say that I am still a kid so the title of this entry is quite misleading, but my latest trip to Medellin really gave me the chance to let that little girl inside of me bust out and play. It is a fantastic city located more or less in between Cartagena and Bogota and is known as the city of eternal spring because the weather there is so nice. It is clean, big, and friendly, filled with museums and parks. I loved it.

To begin with they have a metro that runs clear across the city and also cable cars that run off it up the mountains surrounding the city making the city accessible to all. We spent one whole morning just riding around the city in them.

Lindsey, Iveth, and Josa Angel on the Metro

MetroCable

They have the sweetest interactive museums and I have sworn to find a job there as a bilingual guide if I ever have the chance to live in Medellin.

Rock climbing at the Parque Explora

Bubbles!

We also took the opportunity to just have fun, play mini golf and ride the ferris wheel in the mall.

Iveth rockin' the mini golf equipment

I found a little car...

...and Jose Angel found some swings

There was also the sweetest park called the Barefoot Park that had fountains, a forest, and a huge sandbox all for people to play in. I took off my shoes and really got into it (not surprising since shoes and I don't really get along) but I have no pictures from that because it was dark by the time we found it.

It is a beautiful place and I highly recommend a trip there. It is well worth it. Definitely my second favorite city in Colombia.

No comments:

Post a Comment