Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ULTIMATE!



It has been a long time since I have posted and a lot has happened including a trip to Cali, a city near the Pacific coast known for Salsa; lots of work; more play; and I have joined a frisbee team.

(The team)

One of my friends, Jota, started a team this year at his university and he invited me to play. We practice on the beach and it is beautiful. I love it! The people are the team are hilarious and a ton of fun. Some know how to play really well and others are just beginning, but we are improving rapidly. It is the perfect mix.

This past weekend we had a tournament in Barranquilla, another coastal city about an hour away. It was fabulous. We slept on the beach under the stars, woke up to the waves and the sunrise, and the first thing I did was go swimming in the sea. So beautiful. We played a pickup game of ultimate before breakfast. Then frisbee all day long. There were 6 teams of 7 or 8 people each and everyone was just so passionate about frisbee. It was such a cool atmosphere. And you could always just take a swim whenever you got too hot. Fantastic.

Anyway, this is how I'm spending a lot of my time now: running around the beach with really cool people chasing frisbees. I love it!

(Barranquilla!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow- I want to be there, doing that. I am super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yes. Also, if you look in the first photo you can see a Hope College frisbee with the flying squirrel. They love to use that frisbee!

    ReplyDelete